These are various sites I have been involved with recently. I have a number of different interests; hopefully, you will find some of these sites interesting as well.
- WebProfessionals.org - Founded in 1997, we are a not for profit and member supported organization. We focus on aspiring and practicing web professionals. We ask members to agree to a code of ethics. We emphasize a vibrant community of passionate indivduals, we provide training to aspiring web professionals, we also offer certifications on various aspects of web design and development. We have been promoting web standards and industry best practices since our founding.
- SchoolOfWeb.org - We offer training and certification through this site. We have a number of subdomains which are used for specific training and certification.
- WebDesignContest.org - We have been involved in many state, national, and international web design competitions. We run a national competition every June (in conjunction with SkillsUSA).
- Blog.MarkDuBois.info - This is a longer blog site. It has been active since 2006 and covers many of my interests (from teaching technology to learning new technology to entomology).
- ASIW.MarkDuBois.info - Some summers, I teach classes on insects (their biology, identification and much more) at the Sun Foundation’s Art and Science in the Woods (I have been doing this periodically since the early 1990’s). I finally decided to put together a website focusing on what we do during these classes. Think citizen science.
- CentralIllinoisInsects.org - If you are curious about insects found in central Illinois, we are expanding this site. I have included a number of macro photographs of various beetles. Please respect that these photos are copyrighted (most take between 3 and 6 hours to generate the single image you see).
- PeoriaAcademyOfScience.org - I have served as director of this central Illinois not for profit organization for a number of years. We have a number of sections focused on various aspects of science. If you are in central Illinois, consider participating in some of these meetings. You will learn a lot.